Want to acquire more traffic to your website? Pay -per-click advertising can help you. This is called paid search or sponsored links. This form of advertising, by the cost-per-click payment is the most widespread.
First, a little history of advertising on the web, seo expert suggests the best way to utilize the ppc budget. It was in 1999 that Google started advertising in its search engine. A year later, the group launched its Google Adwords system. Cost-per-click (CPC) advertising will only be available in 2002. Previously, advertisers had to pay at cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
But what exactly is the cost-per-click payment? Well it is the amount paid by an advertiser to a search engine (or website) for each “click” of a user from the link of an advertisement to the advertiser’s site. An advertiser buys advertising space from a web host (Websites or Search Engines) to promote site and hope to convert leads.
Advertisers typically bid on targeted keywords in their field. That’s why it’s very important to choose the right keywords. The top 3 providers are Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter. They are all 3 based on auctions. For content sites, however, the cost per click is generally fixed.
Advertising materializes as sponsored links on search engines but it can also be a link in a text, an image, a video, etc .The cost of an advertisement will vary depending on the search engine, of course , but also the choice of the keyword. The more popular and popular it is, the more expensive it will be. Then, it will depend on the number of clicks of the Internet users on the advertisement.
How to get maximum benefit
- If your keyword is well targeted, your ad will be positioned at the top of the first page in the search engines. This has the benefit of generating more traffic to your site. To select relevant keywords, you can use Google Adwords. This system will help you choose and give you the auction price. Another benefit is that you only pay if someone clicks on the ad link.
- Moreover, cookies are used to avoid counting a visitor who clicks several times in a short time. And to limit the cost of your advertising campaign, you can decide on a maximum amount per day. When this amount is reached, your ad disappears and cannot be clicked.
- Cost-per-click advertising also makes it easier to target people who are really interested in your product. Once on your site, you can better convert or retain them (with a subscription to a newsletter, for example). You will be able to make a regular assessment, thanks to the tools of statistics, in particular with Google Analytics.
- If you sell products, you will be able to know the return on investment (ROI) of your advertising campaign. You’ll also know the click through rate, which is the number of people who clicked on an ad link, based on the number of times your ad was shown.
- Finally, some advertisers prefer double-click payment. This conditions a click on the sponsored link and a second click on the advertiser’s site. This proves that the user does not just pass and is interested in a minimum of your product or your landing page. But double-click rates are more expensive.
To get an idea of the pay per click or ppc news, know that on Google Adwords, it will cost you between 1 and 100 euros of the click (depending on the chosen keyword). You can also bid. Some agencies specialized in paid referencing can offer you offers between 50 cents and 2 euros per click.
Sagar is HR at techssocial.net. He has been writing last 3 years on different blogging sites. He has also helped small businesses to gain their ranking.