The main way that a website becomes the top result for any search engine is that it passes the tests that search engine algorithms pose. These algorithms are programmed in such a manner that they have the ability to bury your website on the 48th page of the results or completely wipe out your website. The need to be on the first page of search results is so crucial because the average person will not or won’t have to look all the way to the 48th page. No one in this day or age has that much patience or time.
In order to avoid these situations, it is best to be informed about the algorithms and regularly read SEO articles that discuss updates or changes to the algorithm. Since some search engine systems are updated almost every day, it becomes extremely hard to dodge the 48th-page state. Therefore, here are some general guidelines that websites need to make their way to the first page, if not, the top result.
Expound on Content
The first and foremost important thing on any website ever created is the content on the website. Giving consumer information about something or the other is the very purpose behind the creation of most websites. For this reason, algorithms pay the utmost attention to the contents and also have the most guidelines of what is considered good and what is considered bad. Since algorithms pay the most attention to this section, so will we in terms of telling you some tips. To avoid being flagged by an algorithm on the basis of content, make sure that:
- Your content is straightforward and answers questions because most searches are questions.
- You use synonyms for a word since chances are low that the consumer searches are verbatim.
- You supply good quality content with easy to read fonts and professional-looking formatting.
- Your content is free of grammar and spelling errors.
- You provide credible content which can be trusted and confirmed by other sources.
- Your content is one-hundred percent original and unique.
- Your content is free of plagiarism by clearly stating where quotes begin and end.
- Your content is updated regularly if it is time sensitive.
What is advertising?
Advertising is vital for any website to make money and it is an easy one at that. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when it comes to advertisements.
- Website creators need to understand that people stumbled upon their website in a search for quality content or an answer to a specific question. Thus, bombarding the consumer with ads and providing next to nothing in terms of content will get them flagged as a “bad” website.
Moe details on Linking
Linking other websites to your own and vice versa is a great tool to earn both money and credibility. If consumers see that a trusted website has linked your website, they start to believe that your website has credibility too. Since you also earn money through this, websites have been doing this for quite a while. However, it is better to keep the links to a minimum when creating webpage because:
- Too many links pose a danger to the originality of the content and eventually a chance towards plagiarized content.
- Too many keywords shoved in a paragraph or a sentence will also result in being flagged. This portrays a desperate attempt towards getting to the top. Sometimes it is better to let the content speak for itself rather than becoming the top result without anything to offer.
If you are a website/webpage creator who is worried about these problems, there are services that help you avoid being flagged. These services will scrutinize your entire website for anything that might trigger an algorithm.